Microtec Board Shape and Cup Scanners
The Curvescan 3D Board Shape Scanner reliably recognizes distortion of lumber such as twist, bow, spring and cup in lineal or transverse transport direction.
3D Board Shape Scanner for lumber recognizes twist, bow, cup and spring after breakdown or kiln drying. The measurement functions independently of transport direction and irregular movement, addressing a widespread issue in the global wood processing industry. Curvescan operates in high-speed production lines and returns consistent and reliable results.
- Curvescan 3D is for grading and separating defective pieces of lumber from warp-free product
- Especially for planer and glulam mills after the dry kiln
- The optimization evaluates distortion based on the specific quality requirements
- It optimizes chopping and trimming as to diminish distortion defects
- Curvescan recognizes twist, bow, cup and spring (crook)
Optiside Cup Scanner detects the cup on the end of the lumber piece in order to correctly orientate the boards. The scanner also measures the distance between annual rings and reliably identifies their orientation as well as the pith-side location.
- Recognizes cup of lumber in transverse transport
- Identifies annual ring distance and pith-side location
- Features an intuitive user interface