Explore what’s new in woodworking sanding processes.
When working with wood, nothing impacts your workpieces more than the quality of the finish. Sanding parts can be a complex process when determining which type of sander and abrasives are the best choices for your application.
Join Stiles Machinery and Alliance Machinery for this complimentary seminar to gain a better understanding of the sanding process, including sealer sanding, solid wood, and veneer sanding. Learn about the variety of sanding techniques available, how to achieve the highest quality results for wood and veneers, and how to eliminate sanding defects. Discover how to master the sanding process for the highest quality results.
» View the event flyer (536 KB, PDF)
- Overview of abrasives
- Elements of a sander
- Sanding machine options
- Applications for sealer sanding, solid wood and veneer
- Orbital sanding
- Eliminate common sanding defects
- Determining your sanding needs
- Machine configuration basics
- Taking subjectivity out of the sanding process
- Sanding demonstrations - calibration, veneer and sealer sanding