Zero Edge technology allows both straight and curved edges to adhere perfectly, without visible joints and unmatched edges. Seamless edges can be achieved through either airTec, laserTec or by the use of PUR.
How It Works
Employ seamless adhesion by reactivating the function layer on the edging material. Produce furniture with seamless edges.
airTec is one method used to achieve zero edge edgebanding. It is a reactivation unit that uses compressed, heated air to activate the adhesive layer. With this technology, air is propelled through a nozzle as the edgebanding material passes through the magazine, fusing the material to the panel edge. This method is both innovative and affordable, because it can be integrated into existing control systems. airTec can eliminate redundant processes and operator work time. Learn more. (3 MB, PDF)
laserTec is a process that involves the joining of edge and workpiece using a laser beam, and another method used to achieve zero edge edgebanding. This technique uses a laser beam to melt the surface to be glued, and once melted it is pressed directly onto the workpiece. The result: edges of the very highest quality. Learn more. (1 MB, PDF)
Zero edge technology allows manufacturers to produce products with zero glue line because of the following features…
An innovative, affordable system providing a zero edge result.
- Compressed hot air is applied close to where both the workpiece and edgebanding material come together
- Virtually invisible glue-joint
- Ideal for a well-defined product portfolio or use standard materials, colors, etc.
- Simple, cost-effective zero edge solution
- 100% system integration allowing for simpler and more effective operator control (including temperature and pressure adjustments)
The technology of choice for larger volume manufacturers due to faster production speeds.
- End users are looking for the ultimate control and highest quality
- One-piece flow and lines with rapid change over between materials, colors, and dimensions
- High-speed and high-production operations
- Edgebanding contour shapes
For furniture and fixture manufacturers seeking the finest in precision and accuracy, Stiles will be demonstrating how to employ seamless adhesion by reactivating the function layer on the edging material with HOMAG Group’s innovative airTec zero edge technology.