Education & Training Learn how to succeed
Advances in manufacturing present extraordinary opportunity to do more with less—but they demand new capabilities and relationships between people, processes and technology. Stiles University offers the industry’s only program certified by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Choose from more than 40 courses, including introductory classes on machine operation, as well as advanced CNC programming, effective troubleshooting, maintenance and much more. Train your team on a specific machine or process to optimize production. Join us for a conveniently scheduled session at one of our training centers, online or at your facility. We can also tailor a training experience to meet your unique needs and goals for your facility.
- Stiles University’s hands-on programs build skills quickly. As a Stiles University student you’ll “learn by doing,” – the most effective type of training available.
- The curriculum offers education and training for the wood working industry, as well as specialized courses in plastics, composites and other advanced materials.
- Our facilities have workstations for learning CAD software and CNC programming, classrooms featuring state-of-the-art technology, and complete equipment demonstration areas.
- In addition to classroom education, Stiles University offers e-learning to accelerate your productivity with our computer-based courses.
25 years of training
A company's greatest asset is its personnel and our goal is to continue expanding our programs and specializations to keep companies on the cutting edge of knowledge and expertise. Since 1990, we have trained over 35,000 students through a variety of course programs. Many of our students have taken additional classes to build their expertise and increase their company's ability to stay competitive in this rapidly changing industry.
A Stiles education is an investment in competitive advantage.
With advanced facilities and expert instructors, Stiles demonstrates a significant investment in the future of your personnel and your business. Join the successful companies that are helping educate and retain their personnel by investing in their future.
Earn Continuing Education Credits as you hone your skills.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs). One Stiles University IACET CEU is defined as ten credit hours of active participation and comprehension. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of educational accomplishments. Being awarded IACET CEUs provides an industry-recognized indicator of continuing education and training, reviewed and approved for complying with the highest levels of internationally recognized standards.
Optimize Production & Operations
Stiles University offers consulting services specific to CNC machining centers to augment our formal training.
On-site services include how to use:
- Advanced WoodWOP macros, variables and parametrics
- WoodWOP with other CAD packages and best applications for WoodWOP
- Best practices for life of your tooling
- Maximum capabilities of your CNC machining center and aggregates
- Fixtures for small or unusual parts
- Nesting features and conversion to nested-based components
WoodWOP programming services are also available. Let us help you program your components utilizing the powerful tools of WoodWOP.
Stiles Software offers training on a wide range of software packages, focused on manufacturing and automation software. From optimization and engineering through full factory automation, we can help you meet your manufacturing challenges.
Each class is tailored to your specific needs and can be taught at your facility or online to maximize your investment, eliminate travel expenses, and minimize the time away from work.
For more information about our consulting and training, call 616.698.7500 or email moc.yrenihcamselits@sessalc.
Stiles University offers application services specific to CNC machining centers, wide belt sanders and edgebanders to augment formal Stiles University training.
On-site services include:
- Advanced woodWOP macros, variables and parametrics
- Best applications for woodWOP in conjunction with other CAD packages
- Best practices to extend the life of your tooling and sanding belts
- Maximizing capabilities of your equipment
- Improving fixtures for small or unusual parts
- Cycle time and waste reduction through effective training
woodWOP Programming Services
If you need help programming for your components utilizing the powerful tools of woodWOP, Stiles University can assist with:
- Programming new products or components
- Incorporating timesaving parametrics and macro features within woodWOP
- Converting to nested-based programs
Stiles University has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. By obtaining this approval, Stiles Education has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider accreditation status, Stiles University is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Learn more about IACET standards.
Stiles University provides training that is in compliance with the skill standards developed by the Wood Career Alliance (WCA) of North America. The WCA skill standards were developed to offer a way for employers, employees and educational institutions to determine what level a worker should execute tool and machinery setup, operation and troubleshooting. The WCA icon specifies the classes aligned with these standards.
Learn more about WCA standards.
Stiles University is recognized by the Homag Group of Schopfloch, Germany. Of Homag’s 19 sales partners throughout the world, Stiles is one of the first distributors to earn this international honor. Stiles received this distinction by meeting standards on training center management, depth and quality of curriculum and the proven abilities of their teaching faculty.
Stiles University's program has earned a Woodworking Machinery Importers Association (WMIA) Educator of the Year Award.