It has come to our attention that there is still a misunderstanding regarding our participation in IWF 2010.
As earlier announced in a widely published press release, Stiles Machinery will not be exhibiting in Atlanta this August. As also reported in the trade press, Weinig, Biesse, Delmac and SCM will not be exhibiting. This is a reduction of approximately 100,000 sq. ft. of machinery exhibits, significantly altering the complexion of this event.
The fact of the matter is this; given the state of the economy, we believe it would be reckless of us to spend the money necessary to exhibit machinery in Atlanta at this time. Instead, we have chosen to continue our support of the industry in other ways:
- We will continue to support the major industry associations.
- We will continue to provide assistance to our industry’s educational strategies.
- We are determined to employ as many industry professionals in our sales and support departments as possible.
- We are committed to an aggressive schedule of educational events:
- Regional lunch & learn educational programs.
- Showroom seminars.
- A tech tour to Germany in September celebrating Homag’s 50th year in business. The tour is designed to expose U.S. manufacturers to techniques and technologies used in Europe.
- NexGen in October – An innovative alternative to a typical trade show. Prior attendees report the benefits of one-on-one discussions with technology experts.
Stiles has strategically reinvested money saved by not attending IWF 2010 in programs designed to bring value directly to our customers and many have thanked us for the opportunity to educate themselves regionally versus the time and expense of travel to Atlanta. In this way we’re convinced we’ll bring recovery to our industry sooner and with greater, sustainable impact.
Stephan W. Waltman, Vice President – Sales & Marketing